Below is information on Nice automatic gate systems to assist with maintaining your gate system and troubleshooting problems.
To ensure ongoing hassle free performance of your automatic gate system, it is important to follow some basic guidelines as listed below:
- Your automatic gate system requires a service once every 12 months. This will ensure you get the longest lifespan out of your gate motor and also ensures you meet the warranty conditions
- Ensure the area around your gate motor and slide or swing mechanisms are free from leaves, branches, shrubs and dirt / debris or any other item that may interfere with the operation of your gate system. If your gate has to push past foreign materials this places excess load on the system and could cause the motor to fail.
- From time to time ants or other pests may attempt to set up nests in or around your gate system. You should regularly inspect for any trails or sign of pest activity and either remove them yourself or arrange for a pest control expert to spray the pests. If you have regular pest sprays at your property it is common for the pest controller to spray around these areas as a part of their normal routine.
- Under normal circumstances you should not need to lubricate any part of your gate. You should not lubricate any parts of the gate motor or mechanism as this can cause dirt to stick to the parts.
- You should wipe the motor and mechanism once every few months with a plastic protectant such as Armor All.
Note: Why is it important to be vigilant for ants and other insect infestations? They can and will build nests inside the motor and short out the circuit board and if that happens, a new board is not covered by warranty.
At the first sign of ants near your motor, call your pest expert.
Troubleshooting – Advanced
Click the links below to view the full technical manual on your Nice Robus system: